The Institute for the Redesign of Learning established a unique non-public school (NPS), Westmoreland Academy, for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) next to the historic Gamble House in Pasadena. Westmoreland Academy was founded on the belief that extraordinary students deserve an extraordinary program. We offer specialized curriculum that meets the individual needs of students who learn in a multitude of ways and well-trained, empathetic, passionate staff who support our students in recognizing that they are “Whole, Able and Complete.” Our goal is to provide our students with an effective education that meets the referring school district and California State Board of Education Curriculum standards. Westmoreland Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
PROGRAM OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- Small class sizes with 1:12 teacher to student ratio
- State-of-the-art motor, movement and occupational therapy labs
- Assistive Technologies
- Language and Speech (LAS)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Specially Designed Physical Education Classes
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Sensory Room (funded by Pasadena Community Foundation and Edison International)
- Student and parent resource libraries
- Life Skills Center
- Transition Planning Services
- College/Vocational Counseling and Guidance
- Computer labs in each classroom
- Multidisciplinary team design
- Enrichment activities including art, music, and gardening
- On-campus work readiness training
- Counseling and Educationally Related Intensive Counseling Services (ERICS)
- Transportation to and from campus
To further meet each student’s unique needs, Westmoreland Academy partners with additional support service agencies, such as Regional Centers, Foothill Autism Alliance, local universities and colleges, and other qualified service providers.
Click below to securely donate online.
5 & 6 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA 91103 (626) 356-1500