Almansor Transition & Adult Services (TAS) / Almansor Supported Employment Services
Almansor Transition & Adult Services (TAS) and Almansor Supported Employment Services offer personal and vocational skills training to youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional health or mental health issues, and/or dual diagnoses. TAS participants are empowered to overcome social and adaptive skills deficits that may prevent them from living and working independently, or interfere with their desired quality of life.
Both programs are accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). TAS contracts with the California Department of Rehabilitation and is vendored through the Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center, and serves clients from surrounding Regional Centers.
Almansor TAS Services for Clients (Ages 16 to Adult) Include:
- Instruction on-site and in the community
- Individual and small group training
- Self-determination and self-advocacy
- Recreation and social planning (gardening; fitness; computer skills)
- Vocational skills training
- Related services for eligible individuals includes:
- Language and Speech Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Adaptive Physical Education
Almansor TAS Program Offerings Include:
- Community Integration and Training (ACIT)
- Adult Transition Program (ATP)
- Independent Living Skills (ILS)
- Adaptive Skills Training (AST)
- Job Development (Regional Center) for Groups and Individual Placements
- Direct Employment Services (Department of Rehabilitation)
- Intake; counseling; vocational assessment; placement services; job coaching in English and Spanish
- Equal Opportunity Employment for all clients
- Tax incentives for eligible employers
- Fee-free for employers for placement and on-the-job training
About our staff:
All professional, support, developer, and coach staff members at Almansor TAS and Supported Employment Services meet California standards for licensing or certification. Related services such as Language and Speech (LAS), Occupational Therapy (OT), and Adaptive Physical Education (APE) are provided by appropriately licensed and credentialed staff. Our TAS/SES and all paraprofessionals on staff must meet eligibility standards and participate in ongoing in-service training and development programs. Supervision is provided by a full-time Director and a full-time case manager.
Parents and Caregivers
By recognizing that TAS/SES participants must be empowered to take charge of their own lives in order to successfully transition into supported and independent living, our staff encourages a program tour. In your tour you will have the opportunity to actively choose the most appropriate program, in conjunction with parents and staff. By working together to achieve the best possible outcomes, Almansor Transition Adult Services participants, staff, and families will achieve the best possible personal and vocational outcomes.
Almansor Transition and Adult Services / Almansor Supported Employment Services
211 Pasadena Avenue
South Pasadena, California 91030
Tel: 323.341.5632 or 323.341.5590